Stanley Kubrick: An Exploration of Visual Style and Intertextuality
Monday, 13 July 2015
I took this picture on my phone whilst I was re-watching A Clockwork Orange and I noticed something I hadn't before. Center lower screen is a record cover presented the title "2001" and an image of a moon... this frame occurs immediately after a reverse tracking shot that curves round in a circle much like the circle shape created by the reverse tracking shot in 2001.
Circles are typically the image of cycles and connection and the idea of going around in circles; keep going back on yourself and repeating some form of continuity. Kubrick creates this idea that all the characters in his films are following a line of circular motion going round and round.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Very well spotted what do you think it means though? Is it an "I`m so clever look at me"
ReplyDeleteWell spotted